Friday, August 7, 2015

The Taste Of Honey



“And He said to me. Son of man, eat whatever you find here. Eat this scroll and go, speak to the house of Israel.” So I opened my mouth, and He gave me this scroll to eat. And He said to me, “Son of man, feed your belly with this scroll that I give you and fill your stomach with it.” Then I ate it and it was in my mouth as sweet as honey.” Ezekiel 2:1-3 (ESV)

As I read and meditated on this passage, I asked myself, “When we read God’s word, do we feed ourselves to the point of feeling full? And when we are finished, does His word taste sweet as honey?” Do His words leave us with that sweet taste?”

Are we so in love with God that every moment we spend in His word it leaves us craving more?
At this point in my meditation, I closed my eyes and thought of my own situation and remembered all the times I used honey and how I love its taste. I asked myself. “Do I love the taste of His word as much?”  This is a great question for all!

I then remembered a very moving story I had read years ago.

 “A young French girl who had been born blind had learned to read by Braille and was given a copy of the gospel of Mark. She had read it so much that her fingers became so calloused that it was hard for her to make out the words. She even went to the extreme of cutting the skin from the ends of her fingers, hoping she would regain the feeling so that she would be able to once again to read. It was not to be as her calluses were replaced with scars.
Sobbing, she raised the book to her lips to give her beloved Mark a goodbye kiss, saying, “Farewell, farewell, sweet Word of my Heavenly Father.”
In the process of doing so she discovered that her lips were even more sensitive than her fingers had ever been and she spent the rest of her life reading this beautiful gift from God with her lips.”
(Anonymous)

What an amazing lesson for us all. Yet in reality instead of God’s precious Book, the book most often read is Facebook!

I pray that this will give all of us something to think about and ask God to convict our hearts. We need more of Him in our lives and in this country.
God bless you and to Him alone belongs the glory!

In Christ
Ken D Maes

2 comments: